Coastal Post Online

December 2000

Professionals Sought for Foster Parents

Children with special needs, need special people. Have you completed the education and/or training leading to a degree, license, or certification in social work, nursing, special education teaching, psychology, or psychiatry? Or maybe you've worked as a counselor or manager in a residential care facility. If so, and if you have the time (and experience with children), your expertise could greatly benefit a Marin child with special needs.

The Marin County Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Social Services, invites you to learn about becoming a professional foster parent. Since you would need to be available when the child is home from school, this might be the perfect opportunity if you are working part-time or out of your home. Alternatively, you may be retired or taking time off from your career to follow other pursuits. Professional foster care providers receive compensation commensurate with their education and experience with children.

Please call 415-499-7118 or come to an Information Meeting Thursday, Dec. 7, 7-9 p.m. at 10 North San Pedro Rd., Rm. 1018 in San Rafael.

People with other professional and non-professional backgrounds are also needed to become foster and/or adoptive parents, and are urged to attend.

Coastal Post Home Page